Thursday, January 26, 2006

NASA feeing the heat...literally

This is a big no-no on a blog. I'm posting with no links to my source. I had them, but failed to link before posting. Now I can't, with Google and Google Blog Search, find the source of my quotes. That said...

A report released by NASA on Tuesday pretty effectively shows it is no longer debatable whether the earth is warming.

All five of the hottest years since modern record-keeping began in the 1890s occurred within the last decade, according to analysis by NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies.


And the hottest, with no assist from El Nino, was 2005.

"Using indirect measurements that go back farther, I think it's even fair to say that it's the warmest in the last several thousand years."


[snip]

Over the past 30 years, Earth has warmed by 1.08 degrees F (0.6 degrees C), NASA said. Over the past 100 years, it has warmed by 1.44 degrees F (0.8 degrees C).


Do the math, folks. It took 70 years for earth to warm by .36 degrees F and only 30 years to warm by another 1.08. That's 75% of the increase in less than 1/3 of the time.

I've always wanted waterfront property, but rising ocean levels isn't how I wanted to get it.

If someone can claim the above quotes or point me to their source, I would appreciate it and will update this post accordingly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home