Monday, April 17, 2006

More From The "Liberal" MSM


This NYT article does nothing to inform the public, but does drive the wedge in further on illegal aliens. In other words it drives the Repug agenda. The topic is how illegal aliens are stealing health care at the expense of real Americans.
Many readers may have been misled into thinking that this is real money. The projected savings [from new Medicare rules] are equal to 0.0015 percent of projected spending over the next five years and 0.0022 percent of projected spending over the next decade. Or, in Brad DeLong’s formulation, of the $49,800 per person that the federal government is projected to spend over the next five years, the new rules are projected to save approximately 73 cents.

Oh yeah, let's get all excited about this one.

The new rules may also deprive eligible Americans from recieving assistance.

What is the difference between providing health care to illegal aliens in the US and providing health care to Africans or other foreign nationals? Of course, I can answer that. An office visit in the US might cost $30? I don't know because I'm covered and too lazy to check what my insurance pays. The same visit in Kenya might cost $1? Scratch that because I have a good example. I had to have an emergency MRI in Asia. I paid $200 cash for it. When I got back to the US I contacted my local clinic to ask the cost. They said an MRI varied, but the cheapest was approximately $2,000.

BTW, I brought home the MRI scan and a US technician checked it out. He said he could tell they were using state-of-the-art equipment.

I should, but won't go into the relative high cost of US health care.

Note: That image is not my scan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home