Sunday, April 02, 2006

Uplifting Tribute To An uplifting Man


I stole the headline from this story. Its just a fun read.
It wasn't a somber affair.

But Jeremy Martin, one of seven who died in the Capitol Hill shootings March 25, wasn't a somber guy.

At a memorial service Saturday in Mount Vernon, where he grew up, mourners paid tribute to Martin with everything from tuba solos to jokes about his hygiene in what one person dubbed the best funeral ever.

They say this in the spirit of Martin himself, a distributor for the wine company New Zealand Pure Ltd. who was perhaps best known for crashing parties dressed as a clown.

"You can be young once," Martin, 26, used to say. "But you can be immature for the rest of your life."

It reminds me of my grandfather's funeral where one person recounted the time he spotted my grandfather walking up the street, in the snow, wearing a tutu and nothing else. As I recall, it had something to do with a lost election bet. Even though gone, Martin made friends and family laugh just like my grandfather did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home