Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Caveat Emptor


Over at Mahablog there's a good post.

Basically it warns of inaccurate reporting/blogging. It says there need to be many "according to", "allegedly" and other qualifiers because its just so difficult to know what is being offered is accurate or not.

I usually don't offer qualifiers when posting. I've said before I'm offering info which might be useful or personal opinion. I have no direct sources, but rely on blogs, newspapers and TV. Whenever possible, and when I don't forget to, I link to the source I'm using so you can decide for yourself if I've misrepresented the info or if you believe it can be trusted.

That said, I also am quite willing to post a correction if I find I did blog inaccurately (fact) or stupidly (opinion). Of course the stupidly is my call. It is my blog after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home