Thursday, July 27, 2006

Disappointing Tour de France news

This isn't over, so take heart.

Tour de France champion Floyd Landis tested positive for high levels of testosterone during the race, his Phonak team said Thursday on its Web site.



Landis rode the Tour with a degenerative hip condition that he has said will require surgery in the coming weeks or months.

Arlene Landis, his mother, said Thursday that she wouldn't blame her son if he was taking medication to treat the pain in his injured hip, but "if it's something worse than that, then he doesn't deserve to win."

"I didn't talk to him since that hit the fan, but I'm keeping things even keel until I know what the facts are," she said in a phone interview from her home in Farmersville, Pa. "I know that this is a temptation to every rider but I'm not going to jump to conclusions ... It disappoints me."

All I have to say is, "Good for mom". She's being supportive while being ethical. That isn't always easy.

Webding3.jpg

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

8/12/2006 09:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home