Saturday, July 08, 2006

Totally Stolen From Crooks and Liars

I didn't want to steal this, but didn't know how else to present it to you.
On Larry King last night, Bush was asked this:

KING: We’re back with the Bushes. And the Mexico elections have been decided, apparently, and the conservative, Mr. Calderon, narrowly wins. Any thoughts?

BUSH: I look forward to working with whomever the Mexican people have elected and…

KING: Do you know him?

BUSH: I don’t know him. Looking forward to getting to know him.

KING: Apparently he won. I’m glad to bring you the news.

BUSH: You sure did.

Now let’s go to this news report :

Calderon wants to rely on Mexico’s many free-trade accords to create jobs and crack down on rising crime, and says he’ll try to smooth U.S. relations without letting Washington dominate. I want to establish a very constructive relationship without bowing my head and lowering my eyes to the Americans," Calderon said in heavily accented English during an interview with The Associated Press. I have met with President Bush several times. I have interviewed with President Bush and several members of the American Congress, and I know it’s possible to establish a more constructive relationship, and that would be very good for both countries."

Bush said it with such certainty that it makes one wonder.

(h/t Dino) I’ll post the video later.


If the moron-in-chief told me the sun would rise tomorrow, I'd set my alarm clock to make sure he wasn't lying.

Do visit Crooks & Liars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home