Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Must Read IMHO

This is good stuff:
It's a lot like the 60's when Nixon created a faux anti-war message. In fact, Joe sounds remarkably like Tricky Dick on the subject these days:

"I want peace as much as you do." – Richard Nixon, 11/3/69

"No one wants to end the war in Iraq more than I do." – Joe Lieberman,
10/18/06

"Many others -- I among them -- have been strongly critical of the way
the war has been conducted." – Richard Nixon, 11/3/69

"I have been very critical of a lot of the mistakes the Bush
administration has made in Iraq." – Joe Lieberman, 10/18/06

"Many believe that President Johnson's decision to send American
combat forces to South Vietnam was wrong. But the question facing us
today is: Now that we are in the war, what is the best way to end it?"
– Richard Nixon, 11/3/69

"The question is what do we do now. We are there, no matter what you
think of how we got there." – Joe Lieberman, 10/8/06

"I want to end the war." – Richard Nixon, 11/3/69

"I want to help end the war in Iraq." – Joe Lieberman, 8/11/06

"A fixed timetable for our withdrawal would completely remove any
incentive for the enemy to negotiate an agreement. They would simply
wait until our forces had withdrawn and then move in." – Richard Nixon,
11/3/69

"If you tell your enemy when you're going to leave, they'll wait and
create disaster." – Joe Lieberman, 7/6/06

"I understand why they are concerned, about this war. I respect your
idealism. I share your concern for peace." – Richard Nixon, 1969

"I already know that some of you feel passionately against my position
on Iraq. I respect your views." – Joe Lieberman, 8/7/06


(read more)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home