Thursday, November 23, 2006

More Equipment Needed in Afghanistan, U.S. Commander Says

Maybe its just me, but I doubt it. My guess is beefing up Afghanistan's security forces will result in new, improved troops to attack US in the future. Its not unheard of is it?
The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan today declined to say whether more American troops will be needed to confront increasing insurgent and terrorist attacks in the country.

But Army Lt. Gen. Karl W. Eikenberry said the United States should provide more military equipment to beef up Afghanistan's security forces. [emphasis mine]

I originally came upon that story because of something Joe in DC said on AMERICAblog:
But not enough equipment for our soldiers? That's a crime:

I too was ready to be outraged, but then realized Joe may have committed a sin I'm often guilty of; reading a story too quickly and coming away with the wrong idea.

It seems the story doesn't say US forces are short on equipment, but the Afghans are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home