Thursday, November 02, 2006

Must Read IMHO

It's refreshing if not fantastic when someone on the right realizes they've been taken. I understand John Cole's post. The Repugs weren't always Repugs. They were a party of people who had a different take on things, but you could see their point even when you didn't accept it. Now, of course, they're just loony.
What makes this even more frustrating is that not only do I feel like I have been duped, but I established a lot of friends in the right wing of the blogging community- and now I read their pages and I can’t believe what I am reading, even though I know that five years ago I probably would have been saying the same or similar things. I know many of them as people- and not just GOP parrots- having spent time working on collaborative projects with them, serving on the editorial board at Red State, appearing on radio shows with them- you name it. I have, at one point in time, defended many of them from what I perceived to be unfair attacks. So I know that by and large they are not bad people (Dan Riehl is an unmitigated asshole, however). Yet I read their pages now, and through my eyes, it looks like they are so divorced from reality it makes me question what, if anything, I ever believed in.

I'm not gloating here. I admire an intelligent person coming to an intelligent conclusion about politics. John deserves admiration.

And I give him credit for being so honest. Gawd how I wish Bushco could do the same.

(read more)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home