Thursday, February 01, 2007

Future Congress critter

Grabbed from Overheard in New York.
Attorney: Oh, god, not her. She is an insufferable hag. Tell her I'm not in the office.
Temp on phone: I'm sorry, ma'am, he's out of the office... Well, I apologize, but he's not here right now... Yes, I'm aware that lying to another attorney is unethical... Ma'am, you did not hear his voice in the background... No, I'm telling you, he's not here... Well, how do you know that was his voice? Couldn't it have been an intern or another attorney? ... Well if it sounded like him, who's to say his son isn't visiting today and that's whose voice you heard? Yes, I'll give him the message. Thank you.
Attorney: So... Have you considered law school?

Long Island law firm
Long Island, New York

Ya see, "grabbed" is a euphemism for "borrowed", "purloined", "found" or "stolen".

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home