Thursday, January 25, 2007

Huh?

News Unfiltered posts this.
Veterans for America strongly supports Senator Byrd's resolution introduced today, which states that Congress must approve any offensive military action by the United States against another nation.

What the fuck am I missing? Doesn't the US Constitution say this?
[Article I

Section 1. All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives. ]

To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;

That's pretty cut and dried to me. Congress, not Bush, is given the power to say we attack another country. I'm no expert, but I can read.

(read more)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home