Friday, January 05, 2007

Its like a traffic accident


Most people can't avoid looking.

I can't believe the hits I've gotten because I put "Hussein hanging" in the title of a post.

The traffic is nice, but the visitors probably won't return because I've not posted a link to the video. I haven't viewed it and don't intend to. For some reason, watching someone's neck break at the end of a rope, regardless that person's crimes, holds no attraction for me.

As for the death penalty itself? I'm against it, but particularly in cases like this. We won't know a lot of things because Hussein is gone. What Saddam knew is lost. And hanging one tyrant certainly won't deter future Husseins, Hitlers, Papa Docs or Pinochets.

2 Comments:

Blogger rangeragainstwar said...

Couldn't agree more. People behave like animals in a zoo, in or out of the cage.

1/05/2007 09:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Have not watched it either nor intend to.

1/06/2007 01:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home