Tuesday, January 23, 2007

This Can't Be Good


I received the following email. Now I'm very interested in what the troops have to say, but I'm fairly certain I won't get the straight scoop via this avenue. What do you think?
Greetings!
I'm a part of Central Command Public Affairs, on a team that exists to engage the blogosphere. I saw your site spiiderweb.blogspot today while looking for people talking about the war on terrorism

Here's what my team does, and why I contacted you. Basically, we email bloggers, try and build both dialogue and relationships, and get information from CENTCOM's area of responsbility out to the blogosphere. Sometimes we get our products (press releases, CENTCOM News, Coalition Bulletin) out to the blogosphere before mass media picks up on it. Sometimes we don't. I would ask that you check out our website www.centcom.mil.

Something we've been trying to do more of lately has been trying to find bloggers willing to "virtually embed" with the troops. What that means is doing an interview with a deployed service member via email. These interviews enable the troops an outlet to share their stories, as well as providing more information for your site. For an example of "virtually embed" take a look at this link http://www.cehwiedel.com/blogs/traces/?p=1665

Would you be interested in getting those items? If you feel it would be appropriate for the feel of your blog, let me know and we can set up a link to our site. If not, thank you for your time today.

v/r

Sgt. Chris Keller
Electronic Media Engagement Team
U.S. Central Command Public Affairs
kellercr@centcom.mil
http://www.centcom.mil

Subscribe to the CENTCOM Newsletter

If CENTCOM is reading what I write, they sure as hell are reading what the soldiers and Marines in the field are writing and I doubt they'll let anything too critical about operations in Iraq or Afghanistan to get out.

Inasmuch as I'd love first hand information about what is "really" going on, I'm too cynical to think this is the best way to get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home