Friday, May 25, 2007

Must read IMHO


Its a must read because its one of my best posts if I do admit my lack of humility.

Motorists pulled in to Harvey Pollack's gas station Thursday, honked and gave him a thumbs-up — because he wasn't selling any fuel.

The owner of Towne Market Mobil in this suburb north of Milwaukee shut down his pumps for 24 hours, hoping to start a movement aimed at persuading oil companies to lower their prices.

"Somebody out there is making money at these prices, but not me," said Pollack, 57. "So I just thought: What can I do to help the consumer?"

Yellow caution tape surrounded Pollack's six idle pumps for his protest, which drew dozens of drivers. One in a green minivan rolled down her window and shouted "Thank you!"

Why do I post about Harvey Pollack?

Because America is still about "We the People". Harvey's a little guy. He needs the income from his service station to pay the rent/mortgage, feed his family and buy medicine. Twenty-four hours without income is a huge fucking deal to this guy. He doesn't have a $24 million per year income. He lives hand-to-mouth.

You can do what Harvey has done. You can keep feeding the corrupt corporate beasts or you can take a stand too. You can continue to buy from the monsters who cheat you on a daily basis or you can choose not too. You can continue to suck up hundreds of gallons of gasoline in your SUV daily or not. You can reward the pirates or you can refuse to.

Its all up to you.

My soapbox is now available to anyone who wants it.

(read more)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When will the rest of us follow suit and stand up to this balatant offense on all consumers by the big oils?

5/26/2007 03:43:00 AM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

My guess is never, but I'm a cynic.

5/26/2007 08:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home