Friday, June 01, 2007

An overdue post

I've intended to post about this for a long time. Being lazy and a consummate procrastinator, I put it off. Until now.

Our subject is cronyism. And why isn't it in Blogger's dictionary?

I'll forgo analysis of why Blogger doesn't recognize a perfectly good word.

Give me control of a governmental agency or company and I'll grab many cronies in a flash. They are intelligent, articulate and competent. Do they always agree with me on teams or in meetings? Hahaha. Not by a long shot. They've often challenged me and often convinced me I was wrong. I plead my being human.

Cronyism isn't a dirty word nor necessarily bad. Jack was right to bring Bobby on board.

Ah, but then we get to Bush. See how I brought him up again?

Bush does not engage in cronyism. Bush requires fealty with absolutely no requirement for intelligence, articulation and competence. In fact, I can think of absolutely no appointment Bush has ever made of someone I think an intelligent official would appoint. He is always wrong.

That's my rant for now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home