Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tsk, tsk, tsk

Were I not guilty of such mistakes, I wouldn't post these and I won't identify whose posts these are:

How many tours is enough for a reservist...? It should read, "How many tours are enough for a reservist...?".

...the odds of him winning... I usually get this right. It should read, "...the odds of his winning...".

A majority of 54% said Yes... I believe it should read, "A majority – 54% said Yes...". Fifty four percent is the majority of 100%.

So you can go back and read what I've wrote... Ah! Two choices here. Either, "...read what I wrote..." Or, "...read what I've written...".

Oh yeah, there is also the possessive case with the missing apostrophe and I'm very guilty of doing that.

BTW, please don't come back at me about my punctuation. Its horrid I know and I'm too lazy to look up the rule each time I have to use "comma","double quotation marks"/"single quotation marks", "colon", "dot dot dot question mark", etc. I won't even try to use the semicolon except for HTML.

Oh yeah, I often split infinitives, end sentences with prepositions or propositions and mix verb tenses in one sentence. That's how I speak and I write like I talk.

Possibly more to follow in a later post.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger DirkStar said...

So, two republicans walk into a bar. The bartender gives them the once over and then says, “Sorry, we don’t serve your kind here.”

One of the republicans looks forlornly at the bartender and says, “Pardon me?”

Yeah, a little esoteric...

7/10/2007 01:40:00 PM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

I like it!

7/10/2007 02:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home