Sunday, August 26, 2007

Is Honesty Really Too Much to Ask??


I often admit how lazy I am, but I don't plagiarize. I lift great chunks of articles, always with attribution, and unless I screw up, a link to the original.

So this story sort of surprised me. It didn't occur to me that pastors were lifting their sermons from the internets tubes. I just hadn't thought about that possibility.

But I guess if church leaders are molesting alter boys (and others) plagiarism is pretty mild stuff.
Pastors have been doing this for some time now. Only recently, though, has it been discovered. You know it's gotten pretty bad when the Wall Street Journal picks up on it... In the internet age, pastors may have to actually begin preparing the Word themselves. In light of the recent widespread uncovering, I thought this church sign was at least an honest way to commit such a pulpit crime.

Via Unlocking the Truth.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home