Thursday, September 20, 2007

Equal time

And I hate it when I do this. My X also hated how I could see both sides of things. I'm a rabid lefty who wants to paint all others as warmongering psychopaths, but I'm also a realist.
Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner strongly defended his sharp stance on Iran on Wednesday, saying that his remarks that the world had to prepare for a possible war against Iran had been misinterpreted and that he was a man of peace.

As criticism of France for its war rhetoric increased, Kouchner set out in a lengthy morning interview with France Inter radio both to explain and to defend, but not to retract, his words.

"I said, 'The worst, it is war,' " Kouchner explained, "'The worst,' this is not what I want. I did not say, 'The best, it's war.' I did not say, 'My choice, it's war.' I said, 'The worst.' "

Via International Herald Tribune.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home