Saturday, October 06, 2007

The Pledge of Allegiance


The birth of the Pledge of Allegiance, via Ted Compton.

I have NEVER said those words when making the Pledge of Allegiance. It was an affront to Americans and a slap in the face to the founding fathers.

Were I ever elected to Congress or the Presidency (capitalized because I respect the office if not the current holder of same).

Sorry, just went on a laughing jag I thought I might not recover from.

To pick up the thread...to Congress or the Presidency... I would immediately begin a campaign to eliminate "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance and remove any mention of any deity from US currency.

BTW: There are many examples of "In God We Trust" on US currency.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know if you're an atheist or just a heathen, but, you're going to hell.

4/20/2008 02:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home