Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Rights and Liberties: Non-Discrimination Bill Leaves Out Transgendered People


Lets start here. I've "known" only one transgender. Who, I might add was initially male and turned other males' heads as he transformed. He did become quite striking.

EVERYONE deserves non-discrimination. Who gives a fuck what you (yes you) think. EVERYONE should be equal. If innocent of crime, treat EVERYONE the same.
A debate over whether rights for transgenders should be included in the Employment Non-Discrimination Act is opening the possibility for a profound shift in the gay movement.

Yes, that picture is of a transgender.

OK, let me make this perfectly clear from my perspective. These are people trying to cope with circumstances which I hope are far more difficult than anything you'll encounter. So why hit them up side the head? Compassion is dead?

Yes, I'm heterosexual but I also have feelings for others. No fucking saint, but no brute.

Did I say EVERYONE too many times? Too bad. Its my site.

Via http://www.alternet.org/rights/65517/.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home