Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Two completely unrelated things


Ted Compton started this so I'm innocent.

Years ago I dated someone in Malaysia who had a teenage daughter. Out for dinner I ordered escargot. Unfortunately the chef didn't seem to understand the concept of drawn butter, and I even volunteered to produce some, but whatever.

I suggested the girl try one. Yuck was her reply. No, just try one you'll love it. After a few more gentle nudges, she did.

Jesus H Christ in a hissy fit, but I couldn't stop her from eating every damn snail on my plate. I had to order more.

Now we move on to ghosts.

As people age they'll find the body plays strange tricks on one. I'll be in a room alone and swear I feel a finger on my shoulder. I call the "ghost" George.

I pass this information on to others in the house because it scares the shit out of them and it makes me laugh.

There is also a bedroom door that slams shut when no one is upstairs. Its air pressure, of course, but I just say, "Its George". Freaks 'em out every time.

Doesn't take much sometimes to amuse me.

Wow! That picture sure makes me hungry for escargot.

H/T Ted Compton.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home