Monday, November 12, 2007

Personal


This is not my style at all, but I need to educate you.

I have CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia). As I've told my family and friends, if you have to have cancer this is the one to have. The oncologist said it won't kill me. Its much like HIV/AIDES. It lowers one's immune system so other things can kill you: pneumonia, influenza, viruses of all sorts, bacteria, infections are all enemies.

His prognosis was that I would live until at least a normal life span for me. So I have no problem.

If I get a scratch or worse, it takes weeks or months to heal. Its just the nature of this silly ailment.

For the last several years, thank God, my white blood count hasn't changed. Its high, but stable.

This I find so amusing. I asked my doctor if I should worry about the cancer spreading. She just laughed. Great woman. She said it's in my bone marrow and blood. Its already everywhere in my body.

Oh, fucking thanks for that information. Yeah, I find humor almost everywhere.

There are no symptoms. I feel fine and function as well as any blogger can. No meds. No pain. No nothing...

The only thing is, I have to avoid my cousin-in-law who has TB. I have to avoid anyone who is sick with anything infectious because I could catch it. Otherwise my life isn't too complicated.

I truly think I'm gonna regret this post.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be well, friend spiider.

11/12/2007 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

Thank you dear friend.

11/12/2007 01:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts are always with you.

(And your shoe fetish should keep you happy ;) )

11/15/2007 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

Thank you.

Yeah, shoes work for Condi and Imelda Marcos, why not me?

11/15/2007 06:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home