Saturday, December 29, 2007

Must read IMHO


Reliable Replacement Warhead

From: www.defensetech.org


If you haven't been keeping up with this, you probably should have.

Headline: RRW Goes Down
Good news: Congress has recently decided to shelve the Bush administration's latest proposal to build a new generation of nuclear weapons. Proponents of the Reliable Replacement Warhead program have painted the plan as an effort to "modernize" our "outdated" arsenal. Most outside observers, however, think that such an assessment is just plain hogwash; our current arsenal, they point out, is more than adequate and RRWs would merely act to supplement (read: expand) our nuclear weapons supply. Furthermore, an RRW program would have some profoundly negative implications on non-proliferation efforts.

But how "reliable" need a nuclear arsenal be? They blow up or they don't. Just use more of them.

I'm being facetious there, folks. Which is a word I know, but can never spell.

Jeb has more.

BTW, would you like me to make you some tea while I wait for what I just typed to appear? I have plenty of time.

Via Foreign Policy Watch.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home