Tuesday, April 22, 2008

No, I'm not dead...yet

Blogger has a problem uploading images. So I'll add a really kool one later if I think of it.

I have a few things to do to get back up to speed, but wanted to post this to explain why I’d disappeared for so long. Having problems with Blogger, and there are several, just seems to fit in with the theme of the last six weeks.

File under blogging and miscellanea. Actually more like non-blogging.

Or file under shit I hope you don’t have to put up with.

My ISP died. I was gonna go into the whole comedy of errors that occurred, but it would probably bore you and tell you nothing you haven’t run into.

The point is it was inoperative for weeks. It finally came back up and... surprise!

Just as I was cutting and pasting this post my motherboard died. Three resistors or transistors (I have no idea which) burned up. It took days for the shop to get replacements.

But we’re back.

I have a few items I wrote about offline and will just put them all in one post.

**************
Did you happen to notice the tipping point for oil prices? Ya must have. It couldn’t have been just li’l ol’ me.

Over and over oil flirted with, feigned at, skirted near, threatened $100 per barrel. But it never quite happened. Oh, maybe for a few minutes at a time, but clearer heads always prevailed.

Ah, but when it did top $100, all bets were off and oil immediately skyrocketed to $117*.

I mean it was astonishing how quickly the oil speculators drove the price up after the “magic” number of $100 was broken.

Humans are so fucking stupid.

Is it too late to deny I’m human? Just asking.

* After initially writing this, I’ve had to update this cost from $106+ to $108+, to $110+ to $111+ to $117.

**************
This is the first in a series of questions I’ll ask you from time to time from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock PHD.

" For a person you loved deeply, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your friends or family again? "

Via The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock PHD.

**************
If your prayers were always answered, you’d have reason to doubt the wisdom of God.

**************
On CNN there was a scroll saying the last remaining WWI soldier was being honored. It didn’t say where, but I’m guessing McDonalds.

Jesus H Christ in fatigues; imagine that. WWI!

Three cheers to the guy. And thanks.

WWI was one of the most brutal wars in which this country has ever engaged.

**************
Having no ISP support, I meander around my brain which is always dangerous.

Sport fans are very interesting. At least most of them are.

NASCAR, figure skating, Formula 1, downhill skiing, speed skating, bullfighting, road rally, hydroplane, drag and bicycle racing fans, in my estimation, are not watching for the thrill of victory, but the agony of defeat. They’re in it for the disasters.

I have nothing more to add; just an observation.

**************
I was watching Hannity and Colmbs a while back. I don’t know why. It rots your fucking brain.

Anyway, Hannity asked a guest (don’t know who, but wish I did) if such and such would be an issue for Obama in the election.

I’m paraphrasing here, but the response was great and Hannity had completely set himself up for it.

“If you’re on the air of course it will.”

Did I mention Kevin Madden and Steve Murphy are complete tools?

Anyway, I have no idea why I subject myself to the cesspool of Faux news even for a few minutes. It is so fucking Republican they should change their logo to an elephant.

Hey, never miss Red Eye on Faux News. It’s great. Its most likely the only thing good on Faux News.

**************
No sour grapes or anything, but again this year SPIIDERWEB™ did not get an Oscar® which is spiteful because of the category I’m in: best non-moving feature film staring a mime. I’m hands-down the favorite because I’m the only one in that category and the music soundtrack is great, but no…

Each year they deign it inadvisable to hand out an Oscar® in that category. They see my offering as only an art gallery picture, with music.

But its so much more than that inasmuch as it speaks to the inertia and despair of the masses.

Yeah, I’m pissed off.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Welcome back. I missed reading your blog!

Texas Girl

4/22/2008 09:47:00 PM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

Thanks, Texas Girl.

4/22/2008 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I second eva's welcome.

To the question you posed on the move: Absolutely. I am a romantic, and you would be choosing for your best friend, in this case (if you are choosing properly.)

4/23/2008 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger daveawayfromhome said...

Glad to hear it was only computer problems, rather than rendition.

As for the $100 oil, remember the sumbitch who paid over $100 "just to be the first"? He claimed he wanted something to tell his grandkids, or some such crap.
$100 says someone in the oil trading business put him up to it, just so the threshhold would be crossed.

4/23/2008 02:43:00 PM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

Lisa,

As they say. Been there. Done that. And wore out the shirt.

4/23/2008 07:24:00 PM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

daveawayfromhome,

Yeah, rendition will come later.

You may well be right about they guy's being duped into passing the threshhold.

But... $200 is still out there. Muhahaha.

4/23/2008 07:26:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Sorry. So, you're a cynic, now?

4/23/2008 09:10:00 PM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

Lisa,

You had doubts I was a cynic before?

Nope. Been cynical since I was about 5 years old when I saw people regularly attend church and then fuck people the rest of the week.

I think cynicism is healthy.

4/24/2008 06:14:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Alright then, spiider, I'll buy that. I, too, am cynical about hypocrites ever doing the right thing, save by chance or when it serves their self-interest.

4/24/2008 06:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home