Saturday, May 17, 2008

NAACP picks young activist as its new president (AP)


Benjamin Todd Ellis

OK. I apologize in advance for this post. I couldn't help myself. Low hanging fruit as it were.

But before we get to the fruit, let me say the NAACP seems to have chosen a great new president. His credentials are astonishing for someone so young..

Ben became a member of the NAACP when 13 years old.
The NAACP board of directors has chosen Ben Jealous, a former news executive and lifelong activist, as the organization's next president and the youngest [35 years old] in its 99-year history.

...

The NAACP was founded in 1909 by an interracial coalition that battled segregation and lynching and helped win some of the nation's biggest civil rights victories. [emphasis mine]

Interviewer: So what's your name, son.
Ben: Ben Jealous sir.
Interviewer: I've been jealous myself, but I have to know your name.

Hahaha.

For some reason the guy reminds me of Vince Vaughn.



Note: Headline links to source.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home