Monday, June 09, 2008

Jobless


A commenter left me a missive about how anyone who wanted to work could. Which is just fucking bullshit.

It's a common belief among Republicans and others who have jobs, but it's total nonsense.

My reply:
I rarely disagree with comments, but this is an exception.

YOU ARE WRONG!

I've been turned down for jobs because I was under qualified, over qualified, too old, too young. And I'm a white Anglo male.

I know many who had rejection problems because of no permanent address or a phone number.

They had no permanent address or a phone number because they were fucking unemployed.

I welcome you to the goddamn real world.

Truth is, there's absolutely nothing funny about the graphic.

Note: Headline links to source.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted Compton said...

LOL. Same guy, I bet, left pretty much the same comment about the unemployment report where I blog. So I guess he found a job.

I'm safely past the "too young" barrier but overqualified, underqualified, too old, and too goddamn grumpy are still on the list.

Hang in.

6/09/2008 08:14:00 PM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I always try to persevere.

6/10/2008 07:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home