Sunday, January 29, 2006

You don't want to know me

OK. Gonna drive some people away, but I can't help it.

I'm on SHOUTcast radio on Winamp. Listening to new country. Yes, country.
Am I the only one who knows what "new" country is? I often think so.

IT IS OLD TIME ROCK AND ROLL!!!!

Go back and listen to the music of the 50's and you'll see what I mean. Jesus, I not only admitted I like country, but I gave a hint about my age. Shit! Elvis, Buddy Holly, Buddy Rogers, Duane Eddy, Bill Haley & the Comets and the others all came from country music. Hell, even the Eagles and Beattles recorded very country tinged music and were fans of country artists.

For you music snobs [read Amanda, lol], I do enjoy all music except opera. Just can't take opera. I refuse to categorize music. Punk, New Wave, Trance, etc. Who gives a shit? I only refer to "country" earlier because it is a style most will recognise. The truth is, good music is good music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home