Friday, March 24, 2006

Same-sex Marriage Battles Escalate


This is interesting. It speaks exactly to my earlier post about who is "qualified" to offer opinions on politics. The headline is from USA today.
Gay rights advocates are pushing to legalize same-sex marriage with an unprecedented wave of lawsuits in state courts, while those seeking to ban such unions are gaining ground in state legislatures.

The contrasting strategies reflect how judges have begun to show a willingness to expand the rights of same-sex couples at a time when many state lawmakers - and most Americans - are cool to the idea.

Technically the writer is correct saying "most Americans", but just barely. In an earlier post I sited a poll that found 51% of Americans oppose same sex marriage, hardly an overwhelming majority. Of course 51% did provide Bush a mandate.

I have to stop saying things like that. I end up laughing so hard my side aches.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thing is, Anonymous, I hate shopping. You'd have to pay me a whole lot more than $900 a month to shop, maybe $9,000 a month.

Now, paying me to make blog comments is a whole nother matter. . . .

3/26/2006 09:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home