Tuesday, July 04, 2006

My Pet Goat


Usually this blog doesn't get too personal unless you consider my political stance as personal. But I love this anecdote. I offer it for your amusement.

One of my sons worked in a restaurant. When he got off work he joined a couple friends at a table and there was a girl there he had not met. The group had been talking about religion. The new girl asked my son if he was religious. He said he wasn't sure.

He said there was this one time his mother and I had taken him to the basement of our house and sat him naked, inside a pentagram encircled by lighted candles. Then we sacrificed a live goat. He said he wasn't sure if that was a religious thing or not.

The girl's jaw hit the table. She was in complete shock. The others started laughing like hell realising this was my son's sense of humour.

Some people just can't take a joke.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

That reminds me of a story I heard once about someone who was a solar pagan and invited Jehovah's witnesses into his house to hear about HIS religion. :)

7/06/2006 09:37:00 AM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

That would have been fun to listen to. He probably curled their hair.

7/06/2006 09:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home