Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Sometimes Ya Just Wanna Punt


I'm gonna flip-flop here. At first I was sceptical Bushco would honor the SCOTUS decision in Hamdan vs Rumsfeld. Then I thought maybe I'm wrong and they've painted themselves into a corner and have to change. Then this.
As Congress opened hearings yesterday on the treatment of terrorism detainees, the Bush administration's view was neatly summarized by Steven Bradbury, the Justice Department lawyer serving as lead witness. "The president," Bradbury said, "is always right."

Its the idiot and Bushco saying "fuck you" to Americans.

OK, this is my final position on the topic. Bushco will ignore the SCOTUS and do anything they want until Congress stops them by impeachment or another country brings up Bushco on war crimes. There's a third possibility, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

(read more)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home