Monday, July 24, 2006

Time to Adjust the Minimum Wage

That's the title of a blog post over at The Hill Blog where congress critters and lobbyists blog.
By N.Y. GOP Rep. John Sweeney on Politics

I think that after ten years time it is time to make an adjustment. I’m confident that we can get a bill that can raise the minimum wage and protect small businesses and farms from added burdens.

This is a GOP Rep., but this vacuous post easily could have come from the fingers of a Dem.

How can you tell small businesses and farmers who pay less than minimum wage they have to pay each employee more money per hour and not call that an added burden? Duh!

Disclosure: I do believe the minimum wage should be raised and I used to own a small business. Raising the minimum wage wouldn't have been a burden on my business because I paid more than minimum wage already. Many businesses nearby did not.

Webding3.jpg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home