Friday, October 27, 2006

Must Read IMHO

Have I mentioned I love Molly Ivins? Yeah, I thought I had. Anyway, read her latest. A little bit to whet your appetite:
It's a race to the bottom. For misinformation and cruelty, not to mention plain old dreadful manners, it is so hard to beat Rush Limbaugh. We can only measure the Great Blowhard against himself.

Even by Limbaugh standards, his recent attack on Michael J. Fox, the actor, is several levels lower than tacky. Fox, who has Parkinson's disease, has done some political ads favoring candidates who in turn support stem cell research.

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease," Limbaugh told his listeners. "He is moving all around and shaking, and it's purely an act. This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting. This is the only time I've ever seen Michael J. Fox portray any of the symptoms of the disease he has."

The reaction from Parkinson's experts was swift and angry. "It's a shameless statement," said John Rogers of Parkinson's Action Network. "It's insulting. It's appallingly sad, at best."

So then Limbaugh, big-hearted guy, says while still on the air in the same broadcast: "Now, people are telling me they have seen Michael J. Fox in interviews and he does appear in the same way in the interviews as he does in this commercial. ... All right, then, I stand corrected. ... So I will bigly, hugely admit that I was wrong, and I will apologize to Michael J. Fox if I am wrong in characterizing his behavior on this commercial as an act ... ."

Then Limbaugh went on to say, "Michael J. Fox is allowing his illness to be exploited and in the process is shilling for a Democrat politician."

Exploiting his disease by pushing for a cure. Gee, I never thought of that. Do you think the late Christopher Reeve was faking it? Is Nancy Reagan exploiting her late husband? [emphasis mine]

If I am wrong? WTF? You are wrong. Admit it you dumb sum bitch.

(read more)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home