Tuesday, November 21, 2006

AP Interview: Edwards says Obama should run for president

At first blush I thought...What? Then I kept reading.
Former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards isn't yet willing to commit to another run for president, but the 2004 Democratic nominee for vice president said Sunday that Illinois Sen. Barack Obama should get into the race.

"I hope he runs. I think he should run," Edwards told The Associated Press. "This is such an important job that I would urge anybody who can make a serious contribution to the campaign and the dialogue _ either in our party or the other party _ to run."

OK, if he will contribute ideas and add to the dialogue, fine, but that will be his only role because he has no chance of winning. Two thousand twelve is possible for president or vice presidential choice in 2008. My opinion is he is not yet tainted but he isn't seasoned enough for the top spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home