Sunday, November 05, 2006

Its Our Party And We'll Descriminate If We Want To

Yeah, I know the the words don't fit the music, but I'm stretching here. Just play along.

If you ain't 100% for Bushco, you ain't American. Jesus H Christ on a bar stool, why are they so afraid of US?
Coeur d'Alene businesswoman Melodee Watt, 51, said she has always considered herself an independent voter. When she heard the vice president was coming to North Idaho, she said she wanted to take advantage of the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. She went to the GOP headquarters, filled out a form and waited in line.

"She (a GOP volunteer) typed it in and said 'Oops, we have a little problem,'" Watt said. "I thought 'What? I've never been arrested or anything.'"

The volunteer had pulled up a scarlet "D" by Watt's name. She was flagged as a Democrat, and Democrats were not invited to the vice president's rally.

"I don't recall ever registering as a Democrat or a Republican. Over my lifetime I have leaned Republican and I have leaned Democrat," Watt said. "It was kind of embarrassing.

"I just wanted to put politics aside and show respect for the office. I left there feeling excluded from my country."

Kootenai County Chairman Brad Corkhill confirmed Democrats were not invited except "a few might have snuck in."

"Not when we want Republicans to have them (tickets)," Corkhill said. "It's our party and that's what we want to do."

(read more)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home