Thursday, December 21, 2006

Coincidence?

I'll just let this guy have the floor. Now being lazy as I am I've not verified he's right about all or even any of this, but its interesting. Here's a link to Wikipedia if you want to do the research.
This Christmas, let's not forget about this striking character of Greek Mythology. Let me first make it clear that Mithras significantly predates the story of Jesus.

* Mithra was born of a virgin on December 25th in a cave, and his birth was attended by shepherds.
* He was considered a great traveling teacher and master.
* He had 12 companions or disciples.
* Mithra's followers were promised immortality.
* He performed miracles.
* As the "great bull of the Sun," Mithra sacrificed himself for world peace.
* He was buried in a tomb and after three days rose again.
* His resurrection was celebrated every year.
* He was called "the Good Shepherd" and identified with both the Lamb and the Lion.
* He was considered the "Way, the Truth and the Light," and the "Logos," "Redeemer," "Savior" and "Messiah."
* His sacred day was Sunday.
* Mithra had his principal festival of what was later to become Easter.
* His religion had a eucharist or "Lord's Supper," at which Mithra said, "He who shall not eat of my body nor drink of my blood so that he may be one with me and I with him, shall not be saved."

(courtesy link)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

very nice article.Thanks for sharing the post..!

SAP MM Online Training

3/10/2016 08:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home