Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Fantastic automotive news if true


This would revolutionize motoring, save GM and eliminate much of the US dependence on oil. I think I hear Bush crying. And I hear a few sobs from Cheney.
Have I been hinting enough? Have I been saying that GM is going to do something that, while not healing the hurt they’ve dealt out over the last few decades, will at least get their foot in the door of the gasoline rehab clinic?

Well here it is, and it’s beautiful.

The Chevrolet Volt is a hybrid hatchback that can get anywhere from a sixty to a million miles per gallon.

OK, so you all trusted me until I said that, and now you’re checking to see if it’s April already. But I’m for real.

The Volt contains two engines, like any hybrid car, a gasoline engine and an electric engine. However, the gasoline engine never actually propels the car.

(read more)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home