Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The "trusted" new authorities

My guess is most of you have never been interviewed and quoted by the media. I have been. Its happened only a couple times because I deserved no more in their eyes. Of course I would differ.

Anyway, both times I was really surprised, to say the least, at how different were the interviews and the retelling of them and the quotes attributed to me. They didn't do any harm, but were glaringly inaccurate.

The point is, I often cite news sources and many have fine reputations, but they may be wrong. Many sources are required before you know the "true" story. I may cite one source, but do my best to search other sources to be sure my citation is accurate. If I later find out the citation was wrong, I'll re-post to correct the error.

I'll direct you to MyDD for the posts there about Gore and what he did or didn't say. You can be the judge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home