Friday, January 05, 2007

Things they don't want you to think about


I've read the death rate in the Civil War was higher than anytime since. The reason is because a wounded soldier usually died. Not so anymore.
On New Year's Eve, the number of U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq passed 3,000. By Tuesday, the death toll had reached 3,004 -- 31 more than died in the Sep. 11 attacks on the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon.

But the number of injured has far outstripped the dead, with the Veterans Administration reporting that more than 150,000 veterans of the Iraq war are receiving disability benefits.

Advances in military technology are keeping the death rate much lower than during the Vietnam War and World War Two, Dr. Col. Vito Imbascini, an urologist and state surgeon with the California Army National Guard, told IPS, but soldiers who survive attacks are often severely disabled for life. [emphasis in original]

That's 150,000 veterans who have to live with the horror of Iraq forever.

Hell, if you have followed this blog you know I broke my wrist last year. It still isn't right and I have almost no use of my right hand even today. I shout profanities many times daily when I can't perform the simplest functions with it and when I try it hurts like hell. But these veterans have it far far worse. And Bush can take all the credit.

Are you as pissed off by that pic as I am? Don't ya just wanna slap that stupid grin off his fucking face? Just asking.

(read more)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home