Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Is there no one outside the oil industry Bush won't screw?

I don't know about you, but I've always hated big pharmacies. The people are nice, but the rules, waits and such always left me cold. Enter the king.
Pharmacies neither set drug prices nor are responsible for their rising costs, yet the Bush Administration continues to saddle neighborhood pharmacies with the bulk of proposed Medicaid cost cutting measures. The Association of Community Pharmacists Congressional Network (ACP*CN) finds Health and Human Services Secretary Michael Leavitt's remark "we are overpaying for pharmacy" with respect to Medicaid generic drugs reckless when the Government Accountability Office's (GAO) report categorically refutes such an assertion.

In December 2006, a GAO study concluded the government's proposed rule change to reduce Medicaid reimbursement to retail pharmacies for generic drugs would on average reimburse pharmacies 36% lower than their acquisition costs for generic drugs. In effect, pharmacies would be filling generic prescriptions for Medicaid patients at a loss and may sink into debt to keep their doors open.

As I've said, ya gotta love the GAO. It seems the only part of government Bush hasn't fucked over. Oops. Probably shouldn't have reminded him.

Anyway, I'll watch. If Bush attacks the GAO in the next few weeks I'll know I'm being monitored more closely than I know already.

(read more)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home