Friday, February 09, 2007

Must Read IMHO

It seems Edwards dodged this bullet well. He may cave later, but for now is showing some real backbone.
“The tone and the sentiment of some of Amanda Marcotte’s and Melissa McEwen’s posts personally offended me. It’s not how I talk to people, and it’s not how I expect the people who work for me to talk to people. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that kind of intolerant language will not be permitted from anyone on my campaign, whether it’s intended as satire, humor, or anything else. But I also believe in giving everyone a fair shake. I’ve talked to Amanda and Melissa; they have both assured me that it was never their intention to malign anyone’s faith, and I take them at their word. We’re beginning a great debate about the future of our country, and we can’t let it be hijacked. It will take discipline, focus, and courage to build the America we believe in.”

I'm impressed. He stated his position. He doesn't like the tone and sentiment, but is embracing their abilities. What more could one ask?

Edwards would have been a fucking loser had he 86ed Amanda and Melissa. I've worked with many people who swear like I do on my blog. The profanity doesn't diminish what they think.

One more thing, being critical of edicts/positions of the Pope or information from the Jewish Defense League doesn't make one anti-Roman Catholic nor anti-Semitic. Why can't they take a little scrutiny?

(read more)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home