Friday, April 13, 2007

Can't really post now


1955 Volkswagen Beetle


I need Bloglines to access sites and news sources and it is totally fucked. Well, maybe not totally, but enough for me. Meanwhile, I'll continue with my intemperate posting with this offering.

Is there one single movie that ever filmed a traffic shot in any country that didn't include a shot of a VW Bug? I think not.

My apologies, but once something like this is pointed out to you its impossible to ignore. You will always notice this. I am completely soulless and deserve your wrath. The good part is you won't be distracted for very long. The V-dubs are in short shots.

Now to really annoy you. Often the VW will appear over and over. If its yellow in the first scene. Additional scenes will also include a yellow VW. And again.

BTW, I've owned Beetles, but never a '55. That would have been kewl. If you look carefully, you can see this Beetle has a split rear window. I always liked those.

UPDATE: Why does the hero always drive an early Ford Mustang. 1964 1/2 up to 1968. Hollywood has no imagination or they have a thing for Mustangs?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger SadButTrue said...

One of my first cars was a beetle, I can't remember the year. Probably a late '60s model. No gas gauge, there was a little lever on the floor - when the engine started to sputter you switched to the smaller auxiliary tank and started looking for a station. KEWL.

They really floated too. Once I encountered a road that was covered with water, and not knowing how deep it was I ventured in. Turned out it was deep enough that eventually all four wheels were off the road. I just let it idle and the turning of the rear wheel gently pushed the car forward. It took a long time, but I eventually reached a point where the wheels touched and away I went. Young and foolish I was. If there had been any kind of cross current at all I would have drifted into the swamp on either side of the road.

4/16/2007 08:58:00 AM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

Hey thanks. I'd forgotten about that little lever and no gas gauge. Same features were on my first VW.

4/16/2007 09:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home