Saturday, September 01, 2007

Gloom and doom

Compare and contrast the headline and the first picture below. Très étrange.

(Update below)

(Update 2 below)


It may just be me...no, its not just me at all. Its many people I'm sure.

I'm getting pretty fucking tired of feeling negative. Perhaps I should only post happy smiley things for a while. Sort of like Cute Overload , or The Daily Puppy or Webshots.

I shall present you an example from Anything They Say.
Two weeks "off the grid" impart a certain clear-eyed view of things not normally examined at larger scales. This is not a comforting realization, however, when that view results in the observation that very little actually changes on such a time scale. Rejoining the scene, all the familiar memes are seen to be operational, while various propaganda campaigns, both of commission and omission, jump at rested eyes. The bucolic laze and earnest manor of rural reaches accentuate and heighten an awareness of the dreadful nature of much of what passes for "information" in the age of corporate media, serving as it does an even worse agenda destined for an awful end. Except there is no end, only a continuation of the blight.

We live daily just wanting this horrific nightmare to be over.

We live daily with a complete imbecile in the White House who, depending upon whether he defecated that day or not, might throw the world into war.

We live daily with a deteriorating economy.

We live daily with schools that under-educate our children.

We live daily with an administration that spouts total nonsense.

We live daily with crumbling infrastructure.

We live daily with less and less freedom.

We live daily with declining security.

I could go on and on and on, but what's the point?

I feel like Eeyore.


Or Marvin*.



UPDATE: Maybe I've hit on a meme?

From Bloggasm:
With the doom and gloom storm clouds gathering, we’ve seen news article after article about layoffs in major newspaper companies.

UPDATE 2:

From Brilliant at Breakfast.
Can things get any worse for the Bush Administration?

Uh-huh, sure they can.

Maybe "abysmal"?

"Catastrophic"?

Or how about that old reliable standby "FUBAR"? Better keep a Thesaurus close, folks, we're gonna need it.

*If you don't know Marvin, read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. You'll be glad you did.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger theBhc said...

spiiderweb,

Wow, that does sound gloomy. Sorry. Didn't mean to bum you out further.

9/01/2007 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

Don't worry. I always prevail. I'm some sort of human cockroach.

9/01/2007 10:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where in the world did you find such an adorable puppy?

1/10/2008 05:21:00 AM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

Don't know where I found that puppy, but I'd give my eye teeth to have him/her. Oops, I only have one eye tooth.

Hey, we need a gender neutral word for him/her.

Can't use "herm". I already use that for gay males.

1/10/2008 09:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home