Thursday, September 27, 2007

Help me here


Dog Day Afternoon with Al Pacino (1975)*


I'm no mental health expert although I play one at parties.

I've never understood the mentality of someone who decides they have to die and take everyone around them with them.

You read about it all the time. A mother kills her children and then commits suicide. A husband/father kills his family and then takes his own life.

I'm talking about nuclear families here or just someone with hostages.

How do they get to that mental state? What makes them think they're gods who can choose when others die?

Which, inevitably, brings me to Dim Son.

He's cheer leading (à propos?) Armageddon. So who died (impossible?) and left him God? If he wants to off himself, fine, but don't take the rest of the fucking people of the world with you.

Fanatics come in all stripes. It just so happens Bush's is a streak and its yellow.

*If I remember correctly, no hostages were killed in that movie.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's usually some kind of deep despair or depression. But in Dubya's case, I think it's the only way he can get an erection.

I call it Die-agra.

9/27/2007 01:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home