Tuesday, October 30, 2007

John (Pravda) "Pat" Philbin - A Team Bush Hero

First let me say HOORAY! Capitol Hill Blue is back as a blog site.

The following story is disturbing and impressive at the same time. He said "making shit up". Muhahaha.
In what world would fake news mascaraed as fact? Where else would a guy get caught making shit up, in public, in the midst of a regional, if not a national emergency, and GET A PROMOTION?

I spent some quality time in Ye Ole USSR in 1976. I learned soviet history, language, culture, social studies, and my personal fave, American History. I did not know that the wrong side won our not very Civil War, nor that slave compounds were pre-communistic living accommodations. But I did learn that every release of news from PRAVDA was 90% (or more) pure spin. Five Year Plans were famously reached, most often by a judicious rewrite of the original goals. Often the plans were simply scrapped, the mission was declared accomplished, and a totally different plan was created. In a world where copy machines were considered a danger to society, facts were fluid things. Sound familiar?

Via Capitol Hill Blue.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home