Monday, October 08, 2007

Top Iraqis Pull Back From Key U.S. Goal

As usual, I scour the internets tubes reading others' blogs to see what's being written. What are the hot topics? If they cover them well, I have no desire to waste my energy. Lazy ass all the way.

But no one (I've read) seems to think this is important or needs be reported and I disagree.
For much of this year, the U.S. military strategy in Iraq has sought to reduce violence so that politicians could bring about national reconciliation, but several top Iraqi leaders say they have lost faith in that broad goal.

This is essentially a complete negation of the Bush administration's currently stated objective.

This is essentially a request the coalition forces get the hell out of Dodge. What Bush is trying to accomplish is impossible.

Bear in mind, "lost faith" is political-speak for fuhgeddaboudit.

Via WaPo.

H/T Kevin Drum.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home