Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Très embarras


This is referred to in the newspaper game as burying the lede.

My PC is dying. At first I though infection, but none of my virus scans found anything. And I have several.

Then I thought memory. Possible. Its a very old machine, like older than the internets tubes.

Next was bandwidth. Not great, but not bad so that probably isn't the problem.

Which brings me back to my decrepit old PC.

Does anyone out there have an old laptop they aren't using? Not using being the functional words here. I'm not picky, Apple, IBM, Acer, Neo, Gateway? I can probably afford to upgrade it, but can't afford a new one.

I had a Gateway GX 6000 (I think because it was stolen three years ago), but I loved it. Nice screen, good keyboard, and a very strong battery.

I can also pay for the shipping costs if not too horrendous. Have I mentioned I'm on a shoestring budget here? Just asking.

Jesus H Christ with a cup in his hands I really hate to post this.

End of my NYC subway begging.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chuck said...

I wish I could help, but I can't. Sorry. I'm on a seven year old desktop myself and it gets screwy frequently. If it "conks" I'll be in a world of it myself. I've never had a laptop. Good luck buddy.

10/04/2007 07:28:00 PM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

Thanx, Chuck.

My PC is going on nine years and, with a couple updates, has been very good to me.

We'll see what the future holds for both of us.

10/04/2007 07:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home