Monday, November 12, 2007

Skydiving


One thing I admire about Bush 41. At, I believe 60 years of age, he tandem skydived. It seems fairly safe, but the worst scar I have is on my right shin. The fucking tandem diver sent me out of the plane before I was ready and my shin scraped the fucking door edge. My shoe was full of blood.

It takes real courage to jump from an airplane. If you think about it, you will die unless your parachute works. Most things that happen to you can be mitigated, but not a dive from an airplane.

I took up skydiving to overcome my ridiculous fear of heights (it didn't work). Even height scenes in movies scare the hell out of me.

No I'm not courageous, just sick.

A couple times my chute didn't open, but with the excellent training I got, I calmly resolved the situations and that was that.

After you've jumped enough times, you become your own jump master. That means you decide when and where to jump and how. The how is the biggie. You can "superman". You dive out head first. No tether to open your chute. You feel like you're flying which really you are.

After a few seconds of flying like a bird, you open your chute. God what an amazing feeling.

I encourage you to try skydiving and hope you'll share your stories if you do.

H/T Dependable Renegade.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger daveawayfromhome said...

no.

seriously, no way.

11/12/2007 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

You fucking chicken!!!1!!

Its a joke.

You will never feel more alive.

If you don't want to, don't. I appreciate your decision.

It really is fantastic,however.

Evan Patrick Swayze does it. Too kewl?

11/12/2007 10:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home