Thursday, December 13, 2007

Coming soon – spider socks


This is really starting to piss me off. More people producing spiderweb products?
It is a miracle substance - lighter than feathers, stronger than steel, one of the toughest fibres found in nature. Now scientists in Japan have found a way of harnessing the remarkable power of spiders’ webs to make anything from tights and fishing nets to bulletproof vests.

Researchers at Shinshu University have succeeded in injecting spider genes into silkworms to create a thread that is stronger, softer and more durable than conventional silk. A Japanese manufacturer is already experimenting with the thread, and spider socks, stockings and even fishing lines are expected to appear on the market within a few years.

The team, based in the city of Nagano and led by Masao Nakagaki, a professor of insect genetics, has beaten rival scientists from around the world in devising a way of mass-producing spider silk.

Where're my royalty offers? I'm not greedy. Just a few shekels per product will do.

I've been the champion of spiders for many years and these people ignore me.

They're opening themselves up to a serious lawsuit.

That last sentence is a joke, folks. I'm not litigious.

Once I sued State Farm Insurance when they refused to pay for repairs to my nearly-totaled '66 Mustang after one of their insureds passed out and drove three cars into mine, which was parked, and then she rammed into my car.


Truth be told, I can't wait for spiider spider socks.

SPIIDERWEB™ Rulz!

Via http://twenty1f.com.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home