Thursday, February 21, 2008

For McCain, self-confidence on ethics poses its own risk


This is no endorsement of nor support for John, but this story is all over the internets tubes. Perhaps he is (was?) a horn dog, but you and I don't know for sure and neither do the authors of the newspaper stories.

In my many years in corporate America I've had several close relationships with females. I loved every one of those. Did I cheat on my wife. NO! Did I do anything more than a little flirting? NO! Did others assume I was unfaithful? You bet your sweet ass they did. Fuck 'em! Too harsh.

Men can have female friends with no hanky panky.

Sometimes appearances of impropriety are smoke and mirrors.

BTW: Did you know John McCain has a destroyer named after him? I didn't. I learn something new every fucking day.


040206-N-2970T-001 At sea aboard USS John S. McCain (DDG 56) Feb. 6, 2004 Ð Guided missile destroyer USS John S. McCain (DDG 56) fires a RIM-7 surface-to-air missile during a training exercise. The Navy uses the Sea Sparrow version aboard ships as a surface-to-air anti-missile defense weapon. The versatile Sparrow has all-weather, all-altitude operational capability and can attack high-performance aircraft and missiles from any direction. During the exercise, the missile intercepted a remote controlled, GPS-guided test drone. McCain and the amphibious assault ship USS Essex (LHD 2) participated in the missile firing exercise conducted to test the ships defensive capability. U.S. Navy photo by PhotographerÕs Mate Airman Marvin E. Thompson Jr. (RELEASED)


Via IHT.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger daveawayfromhome said...

That may be named after either his father or his grandfather, both of which were military big-wigs (one an admiral, though I dont remember which).

2/24/2008 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

Do they keep destroyers that old in service? I assumed it wasn't that old.

2/24/2008 11:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home