Friday, May 30, 2008

Mahbubani Responds: Western Intellectual and Moral Cowardice on Israel/Palestine is "Stunning"


Kishore Mahbubani

I've been following this debate and been mesmerized.

Unfortunately, I failed to alert you to it. It's an oversight on my part and I apologize. Somehow my bad doesn't seem adequate.

The exchange of ideas cover important issues. They're issues the next President must consider. Its imperative to formulate policies to adapt to these realities.

So, while I go to my corner and self flagellate, you can click on the headline and play catch up.
John Ikenberry is spot on when he stated at the outset "Kishore and I clearly have major points of agreement". Indeed, I may agree with John more than he thinks. In addition to agreement on the seminal importance of the rise of Asia, I also agree with the three big points he makes in his Foreign Affairs article, namely that we should reaffirm and strengthen the Western-led post-war global order; that China will be tomorrow's (if not today's) greatest supporter of this order and that America should prepare well for a post-American world order.

BTW, should you find yourself with a little extra time on your hands, I emphatically urge you to take classes in the Mandarin language.

Caveat: If you live in the US you should split your spare time between learning Mandarin and Spanish. Heh!

Note: Headline links to source.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home